The Tasmanian Archive and Heritage Office (TAHO) collects a wide range of contemporary and historical material in many formats that documents the story of Tasmania.
Preserving Tasmanian records
Our collections include the records of
- Tasmanian government agencies
- community organisations
- individuals and families
- Tasmanian publications in all formats.
TAHO manages two significant donated collections.
A legacy for all Tasmanians
Our collections preserve Tasmania's documentary heritage. We collect material for its
- research value
- historic associations
- social and cultural significance.
We continue to collect rare and unique resources, including
- printed and electronic books
- government records
- sound recordings
- works of art
Clients can access our collections
- in the Hobart Reading Room
- through LINC Online
- via our online enquiry service.
We provide access to government records in line with the Archives Act 1983.
Related documents and further information