Accessing My Lists
You can access your lists through the link at the top of the website (1) :
My Lists opens in a new browser window.
If you are already logged in, you will view your Temporary List and saved lists:
If you are not logged in, you will be taken to your Temporary List which will contain any records you have saved during your current session. You need to login to view saved lists, create new lists or permanently save your current Temporary List (2).
The list of titles in your Temporary List will be cleared when you log out or if you are not logged in and there has been no activity in the browser for 10 minutes. You can log in after you have placed records in your Temporary List and either:
- Select the action Save Temporary List to permanently save the records to a new list
- Select the action Move to move the records to one of your saved lists
Creating/Deleting a list
Create a new list by clicking on the Add List button (3)
Enter a name that describes your list and click the Create button. Note: you cannot rename a list so make sure you enter the name you want. If you wish to change the name, you will need to create a new list and then move your records from the old list to the new list.
To delete a list, select the list and click the delete button (4)
Adding a record to My Lists
Selected records can be added through the Select an Action drop down menu from the listing of search results:
Or by clicking the Add to My Lists action icon when viewing the record's full detail page:
If you are not logged in, records will be automatically added to your Temporary List.
If you are logged in and have created your own lists you will see the Select a list pop-up box after selecting Add to My Lists. You can then choose your list from the drop down list which will display all your saved lists. Clicking the Add button will then add the record to your chosen list.
Ticking the Make this your default list checkbox will make your selected list your default. When you next add a record to My Lists it would be automatically added to your default list without prompting you:
You can change your My List default list in your My Account preferences - see My Account help
Managing My Lists
My Lists will initially display your Temporary List:
You can re-arrange your saved lists by using the move icon (5) to drag and drop your records or you can use the Arrange By drop-down to arrange your lists alphabetically or by the date/time you created the lists
Records within the lists
To view a saved list, click on the list name to open the list:
Clicking on the title or image of a record will allow you to view the full detail record.
You can select records to action by clicking the checkboxes to the left of the images or you can select all records in your list by clicking the select all checkbox (6). You can use Select an Action to:
- Place Holds – adds selected records to your holds list. You will be notified if holds were successful or not and why.
- Save temporary list – if you are viewing a temporary list you can save this list and choose a name for it
- Delete selected – removes selected records from your list. A window will appear to confirm that you do want to remove the records. Select delete to confirm or cancel to go back
- Email – this option will allow you to email the selected record/s in your list to an email address of your choice. In the pop-up box, enter the email address and subject, then click Send Email
- Print – this option will let you print the selected records in your list. The records will display on a new page in a printable format. You will need to select the print from the web browser that you are using.
- Move – this option will let you move selected records to another list. Once you select this option, a pop up box will appear asking which list you would like to records moved to.
- Copy – this option will let you copy selected records to another list. Once you select this option, a pop up box will appear asking which record you would like the records copied to.
You can re-arrange your saved lists by using the move icon (5) to drag and drop your records or you can use the Arrange By drop-down to arrange your list alphabetically or by the date/time they were added to the list.