Volunteer literacy tutors help Tasmanian adults
improve their reading, writing and maths skills.
Literacy coordinators support our tutors.
Register your interest:
your local literacy coordinator.
Volunteers need to be good communicators. They also need:
- organisational skills
- listening skills
- the ability to understand and respect the learner
- a willingness to be creative, flexible and enthusiastic.
Learners may need help with:
- completing forms
- reading a newspaper or newsletter
- improving work and employment skills
- learning support to engage in education and training
- reading medication labels
- reading a book
- keeping in touch with friends and family
- getting a driver's licence
- keeping track of banking and budgeting
Literacy tutoring is a confidential and free service.
We provide volunteer tutors with free nationally accredited training.
Read more about being an adult literacy volunteer.
See information about other